Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Feel a place, feel your travel..minus the guide books


Have travelled so many cities, and yet it is not the monuments that I remember in those places or their grandeur..as much as the sudden joys of discovering an odd scene, a warm smile, a cranky chat..A sudden something that the guide books didn't mention. I still remember while on a trip to Darjeeling, hiking on the mist laden untapped Mirik, steaming ...cabbage wontons, sold by a toothless old lady..still remains fresh in my memory...If I had my way travel books would have only maps and information regarding places to stay..don't carry the baggage of history..see what you will..mould yourself into the place..not through guide books but by feeling it. As usual the odd piece of Bangalore through my lens.

1 comment: